Question:
What does your analysis tell you about this situation ?
2009-03-26 04:32:31 UTC
Imagine a situation where Mr. Thomsun ,who has just retired from his job, returns home after doing some shopping for his family from the money he received on retirement.He has two sons Ralph ,aged 25 and Peter, aged 12.
Mr. Thomsun : “ Hey Sons, Daddy is home !”
Ralph : “ Oh Dad! I knew you would surprise us today with bonus that you were expecting last month. I overheard you and mom talking about it just yesterday.Right ?”
Mr. Thomsun : “ Bonus ? No my son you are getting me wrong. I have retired from my job and now I would get to spend time with my Family.”
At this Ralph gets upset and starts to walk out of the room without speaking any word. Mr Thomsun follows him
Mr.Thomsun : “ Ralph see what I have brought for you, the latest pair of Jeans that you that you had liked in the advertisements. and Peter, here you go , your skate board.”
Ralph remains silent but peter speaks on his behalf.
Peter : “ Dad! The thing is that Ralph has borrowed loans last month and was expecting to repay them from the bonus that you would be getting but now…..”
Mr. Thomsun : “ Ralph, you are a grown up man now. Why don’t you find some job for yourself ? I mean don’t get me wrong but I always wanted to tell you this eversince you graduated. Wasting time on streets just roaming and passing time with people who never give you good advice will not help you my son. It is high time you start thinking for yourself “
At this Ralph starts getting violent and starts breaking things in the House.
Suddenly Mr Thomsun gets a call from his ex-boss that they have decided to postpone the retirement till next two years.
Hearing this news Ralph gets back to normal and pretends that he was only joking.
What in your opinion was Ralph doing ? Why did he behave the way he did when he knew that his dad was right ? What does this tell you about Ralph ?
Six answers:
sumu
2009-03-26 07:19:49 UTC
well for yuhr 1st question 'What in your opinion was Ralph doing ?' well he jus didn't want to be independent..nd mayb itz hiz dads fault to have brought him up to be a self centered greedy person!

and for ' Why did he behave the way he did when he knew that his dad was right ?' maybe he thought of his dad to be an ATM machine..nd wen d machine refused to accept the password he simply couldn't bare it...but when he knew itz bak to normal he felt an unusual happiness within him!

and fer 'What does this tell you about Ralph ?' i wud say dat diz Ralph iz simply a selfish young lad..more like a parasite who expects evrything from itz host nd in return gives nothin but trouble..
margie k
2009-03-26 04:39:12 UTC
It tells me that Ralph is a spoiled brat loser who needs to be kicked out of the house so he can fend for himself. I would have called the cops on Ralph and had him removed from the house when he started breaking things and getting violent. He needs a good kick in the butt at his age, and his parents aren't doing him any good by allowing him to still live at home with no job and no responsibilities.
HELLO
2009-03-26 05:08:50 UTC
I think he expects his dad to be there for him no matter how old he is. And he was acting out because he needed his dad's money but he retired. And when he found out the retirement was postponed, he pretended to be joking around so his father wouldn't get mad.

??
?
2016-12-24 14:27:45 UTC
in case you have been married and pregnant, might you decide on some bimbo flirting with your husband. extra effective yet, whilst your mom replaced into pregnant for you; do you think of she might like a bimbo flirting with your dad? Have sufficient self appreciate for your self and end throwing your self at a married guy with somewhat one on the way. It in basic terms makes you look desparate and unethical. you are able to rationalize this in any way, shape or form however the nice and cozy button is he's married with somewhat one coming quickly. He informed you to end flirting. end of communicate. you shouldn't have been flirting first of all considering which you knew he replaced into married. wish you're on no account the sufferer of your husband being pursued via a bimbo.
pree
2009-03-26 04:57:18 UTC
he has nothing to do with relations or emotions he just love to see that without doing anything his plate should be full.just now the da should stop all the flow of money to him even not the food.
CHAKAT
2009-03-26 05:10:07 UTC
Shoot him in the groin.