Question:
How to plan my life? Please help me?
sut_Suk
2009-04-29 07:47:07 UTC
I am 28 and I am married very recently... Soon after my marriage I got an international post to work with UN. This offer came with a colourful salary package and a good career pathway for my future oppertunities. Therefore I agreed to go to Kenya (far from my home as I am from South India) immediately.

I have everything in this new place, but I miss my family (my parents, husband, home and everything) so badly. I thought my homesickness will be allright after sometimes, but two months have already passed and I have visited home for a quick vacation (UN allows us to go home in every 6 weeks), but still I feel so lonely and sad here. I am so depresed thinking about the happy days at home. I miss everybody and the home cares....

I too so much concern about my marriage life, where I think I must plan for a baby soon as I am approaching my 30s now.

How long I can continue with this post? How long I can life a temporary life lke this?

Is my life going to be with full of sarrows?????

I have discussed this with so many people... My mom says I should plan for a baby now and settle in my marriage life. She advice me to find a normal post at home - Which is possible

My husband says, I should continue this at least for the next 1 year, to get the full experience, so that we can go for a better life with UN professional posts (he is also a UN staff). He said we can plan for a family after settling down well with a house and so on...

My friends say, I am so lucky among the group as I got such a wonderful post and pride, so they asked me to continue this for some time...

My heart says, I must do this for six month only (4 more months) and to find a post at home using this experince and so on... Also I mist start a family life by settling in life at the same time.

What do you advice?
Two answers:
?
2009-04-29 08:00:12 UTC
I too have done overseas work and found it incredibly hard at first. I was single when I did it and that may have made it simpler.

I believe that you should stick with the contract for four months (It will go by quick even though it seems so long now). You will regret it if you quit and always be looking back.

Use this as a trial and if you still do not enjoy it after 4 months then I would say that it is not right for you and you should discuss with your husband as to what would be better suited to you and your family.

Ultimately you are the only one who can make this decision I can only give advice, but I believe that working with the UN is an opportunity that should not be given up.

Hope this helps,

Shannon
:) bella惄
2009-04-29 07:55:12 UTC
only God knows the future. it is pointless for us all to plan out our lives because He knows what is best for us in our lives. pray about it deeply that he will show you what you need to do instead of trying to plan everything your self.