Question:
32yrold drummer invited me,16, on tour bus. We kissed. Legal?
Alrighty.
2009-03-16 00:45:11 UTC
I feel beyond stupid. Obviously I'm not ever going to do this again. I was feeling risque and rebellious and I was upset, but here's the whole background story for all who care to be interested enough to read on:

Alright, I'm 16 and from Ohio. Last month I asked this one boy to my school dance, and he's 18..but he rejected me because he has a solo acoustic project going on..so he had to be the opening act for this national-act-band from New York that I've never heard of. Well. Instead of going to my school dance, I wanted to watch my friend preform at his show. The guy is awesome, we have liked eachother for years..you see?...but he was acting somewhat strange around me (in actualality, he was just nervous to preform and trying to concentrate on it before he had to go on...but apparently I was a tad oblivious to that being why...) So with that said, I was upset that I drove an hour to watch him sing and he hardly spoke to me besides these brief one word sentances..so instead of sitting inside waiting for him to go on..I get pissed and go outside and smoke a couple cigarettes (bad, unhealthy, kill you, and illegal in my case, I KNOW. I'm quitting.) And I made some friends...unknowingly making close friends and being flirty with this one guy who ended up being the drummer for the headlining band...I'm only being honest, for being 16, I'm told that I look at least 21. And so, the drummer asked me if I was in college. And I said "no, highschool" and then we dropped that. And he said "yeah, age-wise my bands the oldest band here" and like I didn't even care to think twice about that...and I said "yeah. Well you guys are all brought together by music. Age is only but a number, Right?"..and then he said "yeah, but in some states there are laws"..immeditley turning the conversation into a more..serious..direction..which was whatever, I joked around and informed him how here in ohio the age of consent is 16. Then I got tired of Just chain smoking, BUT I did NOT want to go back to my guy friend who was acting just way too weird around me that night.. and so then I saw that the tour bus for the headling band was in close distance and yeah, sure, okay so maybe I let my hormones get the best ofme because then I felt like being bad and asking if I could see what it was like on that bus. It looked huge...and I know, I guess that asks for trouble, doesn't it? I realize that now. But. Anyways. He takes me on the bus. Coolest thing ever, too...it's decked out with plasma screens...and he introduced me to the rest of the band.. then like he took me to the back where his little personal cubby bed thing (that each band member has) was...and It looked so small..so I got on it to see if even I, being this small and short little 5'2" girl could fit in that cramped space. And I was suprised I could, ha. But anwayssss, then he goes "wonder if two people can fit?" And jumps in with me and quickly closes the curtain to his bed cubby thing whatever it is and locked it. And he was like..."So..age of consent is forsure 16?" And I said "yeah"...and yes, tada!..we made out...and he tried for more too...he said "sorry babe I don't have a condom...but we could just stick the tip in you know" and I refused that automatically...and I asked if we could go back and have another cigarette instead...so we did.....that's when he said "oh..by the way..you're half my age! I could like, be your uncle!" Which I wasn't expecting at ALL...I swear he looked at least onlu 19....but he was seriously 32..and then I felt gross...sort of just guilty feeling and worthless slut kind of..or like I was some groupie...so then I decided I better just distance myself away from him but then he asked for my myspace...which I stupidly gave to him, under pressure...but idk...I just feel so dirty...being only 16 but kissing a 32....in ohio though, it is in fact LEGAL though..right? So that way I don't have to feel so bad? :/
Ten answers:
jreppoh
2009-03-16 01:03:16 UTC
It is probably legal to kiss but you were very lucky that he didn't push for more. You may not get this lucky next time. Stop and think before you act. No need to feel bad we all make mistakes just learn from it and move on.
Sara Rae
2009-03-16 06:48:12 UTC
DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE. you freakin made out with the drummer in a headlining band! That's freakin OMG! AWESOME! My boyfriend was 33 and I was 16 when we had our first kiss. He's still my boyfriend 2 years later. So you know it doesnt mean anything. As long as you have the will to stand up for what you want and don't want with a man that could potentially overpower you then you will be fine.
+/-
2009-03-16 01:06:54 UTC
that first answer, the american libertarian's, it's a bit dramatic..

what i think:

A. you didn't know he was 32 years old, so don't beat yourself up please.

B. you should be proud of yourself for not letting him "just stick the tip in, you know". you set your boundary, and said no.

C. what you experienced is normal, it's normal to want to act on sexual tension, even for him.. while it may be gross, or not thought well of, it is 100% apart of human nature. instinct, if you will

D. this is a life lesson you've learned, use it for what it's worth. you will grow out of the yucky feeling in the pit of your stomach, i promise.

so, NO you're not gross or disgusting in any way, so please ignore the unintelligent responses i'm sure you'll receive
Tracey
2016-04-05 03:01:12 UTC
You could always come to the good old U.K, Glass bottoms hold no terror for me, (i can see right through them),And i will take you to one of our greyhound stadiums. You may get a right bus out of that!
2009-03-16 01:12:14 UTC
don't know if it's legal. and yeah you didn't know 'bout his age b4 but even he had been lyk 19 you shouldn't have gotten on the bus with him.

BUT don't kill yourself over it. you had an experience and now you can learn from. and NO don't think you're a slut.

he on the other hand is SICK!!
oly
2009-03-16 00:54:58 UTC
hmm I'm not sure but I think you have to be like 18 to be able to be with a 16 year old. I'm not sure but dang watch yourself there are alot of bad people out there regardless of who they are looks and positions can be deceiving. Don't feel bad take it as a learning experience
farmanimalsrock5
2009-03-16 00:56:33 UTC
Legal, not sure. But does it matter? At least now you can cross off "hooked up with a drummer" from your list of things to do before you die.
Jalinah D
2009-03-16 00:54:43 UTC
Well as far as I know it is legal to kiss but had you done anything else that is illegal. I wouldnt recommend doing it again though, its kinda gross.
2009-03-16 00:56:45 UTC
U CRAZY

HOW ANY 1 CAN READ THIS ALL
sweetgranny06
2009-03-16 02:05:15 UTC
your Lucky he didn't rape you on that bed on the bus