Question:
Is love as amazing as it makes it out to be in films?
Ellieeeeeee
2008-08-25 05:31:40 UTC
I'm worried i am looking for something which is not going to happen.
Ten answers:
2008-08-25 05:39:16 UTC
Well, love is something that is hard to understand by many people. The films may portray love as something perfect. But love is not perfection. It depends on the people involved. Many people have many ways to define their love for someone.

First of all, don't look for love. Let it come to you, naturally.

Secondly, don't ever say that it won't happen. You have to believe in it to receive it.

It can be amazing though, and even better than what you see on TV.

All you have to do is recognize it when you have it and hold on to it...
thelandrette
2008-08-25 12:43:16 UTC
Love is more amazing than it is in films. Love is the most important thing in life, whether it be romantic love, or love for a friend or family member.

I'm assuming you are referring to romantic love. This is NOT something you should go looking for! It happens on its own! You will never find it if all you are doing is trying to find it. It sneaks up on you. When I met my husband, my first impression of him was that he would just be a fling, he was a 'bad boy' and that he would never calm down or want to be in a committedd relationship. Within months, I realized he was completely different than my first impression had told me. We've been together for 7 years, married 3, and our relationship has only gotten better.

Anyways, DONT LOOK FOR IT! It will find you when the time is right.
Fay
2008-08-25 12:40:21 UTC
When they write movies, books etc the best inspiration for a writer is real life. Love is the most common theme for movies as it is the thing that most people will experience at some point in their lives.

Everyone feels and experiences things differently but the actual feeling of love and being loved is the same concept in any film as it is in real life. It is an amazing, over powering feeling that takes over your entire being.

But it doesn't always pan out as the movies portray. They make it an idealistic portrayal of love. It's not as easy as that. But it is amazing.

I never thought it would happen to me but it did. So there's hope for everyone! Take care x
Mom
2008-08-25 12:49:02 UTC
Even after 10 years with my husband, we still have 'movie love moments'. But most of the time, it is a calm, supportive love, not a crazy-in-love love, and about once a week it's a 'if-you-do-that-annoying-habit-one-more-time-I-will-scream' type love. I like the crazy-in-love moments but I don't think I could live like that all the time. During those times, we usually forget about everything else and just focus on each other. I like the other things in my life too, so the calm, supportive love is nice for most of the time.

Don't try too hard to find love. I don't think I would have ever found it with my husband if I had actively been looking. We were casually dating and it hit me one day, 'I really like this guy a lot', lucky for me he felt the same way.
Julie K
2008-08-25 12:41:49 UTC
If you're lucky enough to meet the right person it is absolutely wonderful. I met mine ten years ago and even though we have our rows - doesn't everyone - they are soon over and we make up. If we split up I wouldn't bother ever trying to meet anyone else because he is perfect for me. I could never find anyone so good ever again. Even when he goes out for an hour sailing on his boat I miss him and long for his return.

I hope one day you will be as lucky as I am.

where did I meet him - by mistake in a chat room whilst I was trying to find a chat room to do with bichon frise dogs - I ended up in one to do with Amiga computers and he was there and helped me find the place I was looking for,. We stayed in touch over the net for a couple of months and then met up and it was perfect. We've not been apart since.
2008-08-25 12:36:28 UTC
Depends which films your on about really!?

but no id say is completly different, thier are so many ups and downs and good and bad days its very confusing but worth it

OMGineedHELP
2008-08-25 12:36:00 UTC
Yes it can be. But don't LOOK for it with everyone you meet. You'll know when it happens. I don't know your age, but I can tell you that before you probably find true love, you'll think you have but thats just infatuation. As far as what they portray in movies, remember they are actors who are acting.
2008-08-25 12:39:39 UTC
It can actually be better. But not all the time. In the end, all you need is someone who makes you laugh.
Sarah J
2008-08-25 12:37:15 UTC
trust me it is out there and really it sends fireworks through your veins. love at first is even more so true. i highly recommend it lol. good luck and one day your Lovee will be found
ABBYsMom
2008-08-25 12:51:04 UTC
Nope it isn't scripted...Its a fairy tale that will not come true.