Question:
15 yr old wants to spend the night with girlfriend?
2009-03-05 06:43:22 UTC
My 15 year old nephew is dating a 14 yr old girl. The girlfriends parents are divorced because her father left her mother for his gay lover. So now the father is living with his boyfriend.

Over the winter my nephew was at the fathers home with his girlfriend and the weather got bad so he asked if my nephew could spend the night with the girl sleeping in dads room and the boyfriend sleeping in the livingroom with my nephew. My sister said yes but felt very uncomfortable with this.

Now the father is asking if my nephew can spend the night at his house again this weekend with the 14 year old girlfriend (same sleeping arrangements). The father is asking because my nephew and his girlfriend are going to a movie Saturday night and he wants to make breakfast for these two on Sunday morning. My sister has said NO but the other adults (girls mom, dad and the boyfriend) don't think there is anything wrong with this.

What are you opinions on this? I told my sister to limit how often my nephew has contact with this man because i find it odd that any adult would think it is ok for teenagers spend the night with each other.
Three answers:
James R
2009-03-05 07:21:58 UTC
I'm fairly liberally minded (check my previous answers) but something really does not smell right about this situation- I would stick to my guns if I were you...
MATTEO'S MOM
2009-03-05 07:16:43 UTC
hell no they are 14 !!! they can see themselves in school and after if need be but no sleep overs NO SO YOUNG!
bigwill80000@yahoo.com
2009-03-05 07:01:25 UTC
i have to agree with your sister something don't sound right